What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at a variety of dining locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes, Dining Dollars, and Guest Meals conveniently loaded onto your Zip Card. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes are designed for a full semester and give you access to Rob’s Café which is Akron’s all-you-care-to-eat dining hall. One Meal Swipe, per meal period, may be used at Rob’s Café, Union Market, Freshens, Sufficient Grounds, or any on campus convenience store. Meal periods include breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night. Meal Swipes are valid only in the semester in which they are purchased and do not roll over.
Dining DollarsDining Dollars is a declining balance account loaded onto your Zip Card. Dining Dollars may be used at any University of Akron dining location and can be reloaded at any time. Visit our locations page for location information, menus, hours of operation and more. Dining Dollars will roll over from the fall to spring semester with a purchase of a spring meal plan. Any unused dollars will expire at the end of the academic year (mid-May) and are nonrefundable.
Meal ExchangeEnjoy even more value and variety with your meal plan! Meal Swipes can easily be exchanged for a full meal solution with Meal Exchange. Look for this logo at participating locations and for the Meal Exchange menu.
Guest MealsLooking to treat a friend or family member to a meal on campus? 5 Guest Meals are included with every meal plan!
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Dedicated Gluten Solutions station at Rob’s Café
Managing Your Plan
There are several ways you can check your Meal Swipes and Dining Dollars balance:
- Check your balance on MyAkron.
- Visit the Zip Card office in Simmons Hall or give them a call at 330.972.5637. The Zip Card office is open Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Summer hours are 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with meal plan questions.
- Fall Meal Plans Begin: August 27, 2023
- First Day of Classes: August 28, 2023
- Last Day to Tuition Bill your Meal Plan: September 03, 2023
- Last Day to Change your Meal Plan: September 24, 2023
- Spring Meal Plans Begin: January 14, 2024
- First Day of Classes: January 15, 2024
- Last Day to Tuition Bill your Meal Plan: January 21, 2024
- Last Day to Change your Meal Plan: February 11, 2024